Webinar: Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot (RNIP) Info Session
If you are struggling to fill certain positions and are willing to hire Foreign Nationals the Brandon Rural and Northern Immigration Pilot (RNIP) may be of interest to you. The Economic Development Brandon (EDB) office launched the new program mid December 2019 and screening employers for the pilot is already underway.
The pilot, only available to eleven selected Canadian communities, is designed to allow employers and communities the opportunity to bring Foreign Nationals to Brandon with permanent residence status in order to fill jobs that employers have been able to fill through local, regional or Canadian labour markets.
At this time entry level retail, hospitality and food services jobs are not eligible for the Brandon RNIP program.
The Brandon RNIP provides employers with the benefits listed below:
- No labour market impact assessment required
- Brandon's Recommendation Committee determines the labour need validity as well as the fit of the Foreign National, not the federal government
- No fees for participating employers other than a small compliance fee should the employer wish the Foreign National to apply for a temporary work permit to allow them to work in Brandon while awaiting a decision on their permanent residence application
- No applicant age or country of origin restrictions
- Foreign Nationals already working in Canada on valid temporary work permits can use the RNIP to become permanent residents without leaving Canada
If you wish to learn more about the Brandon RNIP and how it may assist you with chronic vacancies, please call 204.729.2127 or email Shannon at email@example.com so that we can schedule an interview at a time and location that is convenient for you.