Leading A Charity
Do you wonder what the CEO of a charity does every day? Are you currently leading a charity and want to gain additional insights about your role? Are you ready to leverage your fundraising experience into the realm of charity leadership? If you answered yes to any of these questions, they you are ready to learn how to lead a charity. This session will show you what a CEO does and what you need to do to prepare for when it is your turn to lead a charity.
At the end of the workshop, participants will be able to:
- understand what a CEO does on a daily basis
- understand how to read a financial statement from a CEO perspective
- know the basics of governance and how it affects your job
- understand the fiduciary and legal requirements of being a CEO
- build a plan for your first day on the job as CEO
- launch your career to a new leadership platform
Who Should Attend
- people who are thinking about leading a charity
- board of directors
- current CEOs looking to gain additional insights and tools
Bill Pratt is an inspirational leader. Hope, integrity and inspiration are the three pillars of his leadership philosophy that he applies to leading charities.
Leadership is a mantle that comes naturally to him. He works hard at being the best leader he can be. His wide experience across sectors range from local to international and gives him a broad-based perspective for leading charities. He has been the CEO for charities in Nova Scotia, Saskatchewan and Manitoba. Currently, he is the Director of Development for the Winnipeg Art Gallery.